Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tres Leches

Tres leches cake is a super moist super yummy cake that I didn't think could be stacked and decorated. Once baking the cake, I pour a total of 5 cups of sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and whole milk over the cake. When you get a slice, a small pool of yummy milk forms in the bottom of your plate. I thought this cake would sink in on itself or all the milk would drain out and it would be sitting in a small pool. Jamie told me it could be done and has done it before as seen in her blog here.

So here is my attempt. It turned out pretty well.
There was a tiny bit of milk seepage in the bottom, but it made it look more appealing. The cake didn't slide or sink. I frosted it with whipped cream and decorated the outside with chocolate shingles I made. I stacked fresh sliced strawberries between the layers. It was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment