Thursday, June 25, 2009

Jungle Cake

Usually I know what I'm going to do for a cake days in advance. With this one I had a hard time coming up with a good idea. Tim just turned 19 and will be going on a mission to Brazil. I finally settled on this cake with the amazon river, piranhas, jungle monkeys, a cayman and a snake on top. I realize the snake is not native to Brazil, but I had to work with what I had and Brazil has it's own big scary snakes, so take the cobra on top as a symbol for all those scaly scary things slithering around


This one didn't turn out to bad for having to throw something together in one day.




The monkeys were cute. Sherie suggested doing a layer of the cake in rice krispy treats. But when I went to frost them, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't like frosting very much, but I love rice krispy treats. So, I left them as the riverbed.


Congratulations on your mission call Tim. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment