Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Spider Egg Sac Truffles




My husband's company has a Halloween party every year.  For lunch, they have a contest in 3 categories, appetizers, chili and dessert.  I enter the dessert category every year.  This is this years entry.  It is a spider egg sac. The eggs are oreo truffles dipped in white chocolate. I used a little dot of melted chocolate to hold the truffles together and made a large spherical pile. The webbing on top is melted marshmallow.  I placed a few marshmallows in a bowl and microwaved them for about 8 seconds just until they were barely softened.  I then stretched them out with my fingers and laid them across the pile of eggs.


It's interesting, but I refrigerated this gob so the chocolate would stay hard and the truffles wouldn't squish under their own weight.  When I pulled it out of the fridge in the morning, the marshmallow wasn't sticky anymore.  It had dried and become brittle.  It was perfect.


If I do attempt to do this again, I will wrap more marshmallow around the base of the truffles before stretching it out to the tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment