Friday, June 8, 2012

R2D2 Movie Reel Cake



I entered this cake into a cake decorating contest for our city.  Yes, this is the second R2D2 cake I've done, but I didn't want to break new ground in a timed competition.  It won second place.  I am thrilled. There was no way it could have beat the first place cake.  I'll see if I can find a picture of the cake that won first and post it on here too. 
 
25 of the 200 points went to the flavor of the cake so mine was (from bottom to top) Chocolate cake, chocolate ganache, butterscotch cake, Salted Caramel filling, White cake.

Here's a picture of the cake that won first place:

2 comments:

  1. Not to just make you feel better, but I really think your cake is the better one and that you should have one first place. Your cake is an extremely creative shape, the other one has a format that is done over and over. Plus, the popcorn and all the intricate detail on yours - it looks so complex. I know the other had a lot of detail but yours was ultra creative. Well done! It is an amazing cake!

    ReplyDelete